The Northern Flowerhouse Charter
This movement is to spread wildflowers across the North.
By signing you are opening the door of the Flowerhouse to people and nature.
- Create curiosity
- Deal out and deal in beauty
- Encourage social gatherings locally and nationally
- Roll out the best of science and art in unlikely & likely places
- Be an engine for change, turning heads and hearts
- Cherish your choice of place, dream its future
- Treat Land as a painter would a canvas
- Paint with bold brush strokes
- Seek environmental, social justice and peace at all times
- Transform dull spaces with with a green which should be many colours
- Invite outsiders in
- Breathe life into edgelands
- Dance while joining this ecological revolution
- Reward hard work and share skills and tools
- Bet on the tortoise beating the hare!
- Celebrate diversity as life in all its richness
- Treasure playful ways of working
- Share food and music at every gathering
- Observe the butterflies, insects, birds and incremental changes
- Sing about what we have seen
- Imagine and re-imagine amazing eventualities
- Cherish the health and wellbeing of future generations
- Have faith in the weather
- Hold our nerve
- Learn from our mistakes and be prepared to be educated by accident
- Be promiscuous in our sowing behaviour
- Chat with curious people
- Be bold with our passion and commitment to reversing biodiversity loss
- Build and value collaborations and networks
- Be fools – laying the foundations for the Northern Flowerhouse on 1st April
The Charter was generously produced by the fabulous Singh Twins.
Sowing artwork generously produced by Jamie Reid for Hull sowing.